Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Hi, I was in a small accident 2 days ago. I was in the

I was in a small accident 2 days ago. I was in the back seat, and due to the impact, I must have hit my head against the head rest pretty hard. I feel pain in left part of my head. No other symptoms apart from pain there. For past 2 days, I've been able to do all the normal stuff. The pain is still there, I can feel a small swelling in that area. I have not taken any medicines. I am worried if it could lead to a blood cloth or something else.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Are you feeling dizzy?
Did you had any blood or discharge through ears/ nose?
Did you had vomiting?
Did you have numbness in one side of body?
On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response Dr. Josh.

None of the above.. Only very mild headache sometime during the day. But when I press my hands against my head, i can feel the pain. I'd rate it around 4 to 5.

Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Sorry for the delay in answering. I was on another question. I apologize for your wait.

Well, the serious symptoms, which are associated with head injury are- -Seizures,
-Weakness in arm or leg,
-Dilated pupils,
-Bleeding or fluid discharge from ear or nose.

It is good to hear that you don't have any such serious symptoms.

Mild headache and swelling is common after such injury. No need to get panic. I would not panic, for blood clot or other serious issue.
Such pain and swelling would get disappear by its own in 7-10 days.

For the time, you can take OTC Tylenol for pain. You can use cold packs on affected part, it can be used 2-3 times a day.
Please don't worry, for blood clot.
You are absolutely safe and healthy.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business