Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

dear sir I had protected with a worker yesterday,

dear sir
I had protected sex with a sex worker yesterday, and its my first time doing this. Now i am anxious about having HIV. The condom didnt break and was properly put on. What are the chances of HIV infection ?

Thank you
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Let me at the outset tell you, the protection protects. Since you used condom (the protection), which prevents exchange of body fluids, chance of transmission of HIV infection is practically not possible.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your answer.

Which means that HIV infection with proper condom use is very very rare ?

You are welcome.

With a condom, transmission is unlikely.

Please do not worry.

It is privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This happened in the UK and The sex worker was Polish (and she made me wear a condom).

Will this be a problem ?

No. This is unlikely to be a problem, Julian.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Since the condom protects me from HIV I dont need to worry about testing for HIV ? I had a HIV screening many months before in a health check up and it turned negative.
And this is my very first sexual encounter so are my risks of HIV very very low ?
Yes Julian. It is very very low with a condom. The only reason, one would be advised to get the HIV test would be for the confirmation of the non transmission which helps in eliminating the anxiety.