Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I have bumps that look like pimples but are larger. they do

I have bumps that look like pimples but are larger. they do not itch but look horrible. would that be a case of herpes or a hair frolicale. u popped one and there was a little puse but more blood. how can i treat this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, , what you probably have are furuncles, they look like pimples but they are larger .

This condition is caused by a bacterial infection, usually with the Staphylococcus bacteria . In this condition, both the hair follicles and the sebaceous glands become affected.

In many cases , the infection solve on its own . In other cases , it gets more complicated ,in which case the patient will need to take oral antibiotics prescribed by his doctor.

What you could do is applying pads soaked in warm salt water , a topical Neosporin antibiotic cream which you can get over the counter and white vinegar which is a natural antiseptic to combat the infection . Do not squeeze the lesions , it can make the infection even worse .

If the lesions persist longer than 2 weeks or if you experience additional symptoms like fever or chills , You need to consult your doctor so he can prescribe oral antibiotics . The treatment usually last 1-2 weeks .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have been there for 5 months. with the soaked salt and water would i put the cream on after?
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Put the neosporin antibiotic topical cream after you apply the clean warm pads . If the lesions continue coming back , it would be better to consult your doctor so he can prescribe you oral antibiotics to eradicate the infection.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD