Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Hi I have a urgent problem. Im a female. 18 years of age. I

Hi I have a urgent problem. Im a female. 18 years of age. I have little small white balls bunched up together in the center of my mustache area. Only the center of that area is affected. I looked up warts and it somewhat looks like that but then again it doesn't. I need help . It looks bad and I tried putting wart removal and it got worst. It hurts And the area is turning red.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

What you are experiencing is called folliculitis

Dr. Brims :

It is due to inflammation around the hair follicles

Dr. Brims :

This may require antibiotics to treat it, if it is not treated it may become more painful and red

Dr. Brims :

Usually amoxicillin is sufficient

Customer:

I got this before a couple of times already. I dislike it and it is irritating. I took it off last time by burning it off with a creme and toothepaste. It is just in the center are of my mustache area. I don't have hair there so I don't know what causes this

Dr. Brims :

You don't need to have hair there to have a hair follicle there

Dr. Brims :

It is from inflammation of a hair follicle

Customer:

So what medicine can I buy to treat it? So it isnt warts right?

Dr. Brims :

No, it is not warts

Customer:

Where can I find Amoxicillin?

Dr. Brims :

It requires a prescription by a doctor

Dr. Brims :

You may try neosporin ointment or cream as well

Dr. Brims :

It may help

Dr. Brims :

Placing a warm washcloth over it twice daily may also help

Customer:

I can't find it without a doctors prescription? Is there any thing elsse that I can apply?

Customer:

Okay thank you. I will try neosporin and a warm cloth

Dr. Brims :

Neosporin may be obtained OTC

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Customer:

How long will it take to go away after applying neosporin

Dr. Brims :

It may take 5 days

Customer:

Will it leave a mark? Because last time I had this my mustache area was left with a red scar

Dr. Brims :

It may leave a marl, but it is less likely to leave a mark if you don't pick at it or try to burn it off

Customer:

Okay because I have been applying makeup and coverup and it seems to make it look worst

Dr. Brims :

I would avoid applying anything over it like make up

Customer:

Alright thank you so much do you know the price range for neosporin

Dr. Brims :

It is less than $10

Customer:

Thank you. I can find it at any pharmacy such as cvs or rite aid right

Dr. Brims :

Yes, any pharmacy

Dr. Brims :

You're welcome

Customer:

I looked up folliculitis and it looks like nothing I have.

Dr. Brims :

Then please post a picture of what you have

Customer:

It showed pimple like things on the skin. I don't have pimple like things. I have a bunch of balls full of water together forming a patch

Dr. Brims :

Please see my reply above

Customer:

I don't know how to send a picture thru here

Dr. Brims :

There is a link in your page that looks like a paper clip, click on it

Customer:

I did and nothing came out. I ain't using mobile web not a computer

Dr. Brims :

Do you see the paper clip?

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Brims :

and when you click on it what happens?

Customer:

It just says to instert a url of the image but it doesn't give me the option to choose from my gallery

Dr. Brims :

copy your image and paste it in the area that you type

Customer:

Okay

Dr. Brims :

I will be here waiting

Customer:

I cannot copy and paste

Customer:

It just basically looks like warts. I googled warts in mustache area and it looks just like the first image

Dr. Brims :

I see, if it is warts then it will require liquid nitrogen to treat it

Customer:

Did you look it up as well

Customer:

So you can see the picture

Customer:

http://images.medicinenet.com/images/slideshow/common-adult-skin-problems-s18-photo-of-common-warts.jpg

Dr. Brims :

No picture came up

Dr. Brims :

Okay, I saw it

Customer:

It is similar to the first image that came up but much smaller and not that color. Mines are see through

Dr. Brims :

Okay

Customer:

I feel like getting a needle and popping the balls. Water was coming out from it yestersay

Customer:

So what do I do?

Customer:

I know it isn't hiv warts because I don't have that

Dr. Brims :

If they are warts then it requires liquid nitrogen

Customer:

But if it isn't?

Dr. Brims :

If it is not warts then it may require antibiotics, and you need to have it examined by a doctor

Dr. Brims :

Are you there/

Dr. Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

I'll be good then thank you

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience