Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

My almost 2 year old son has enlarged lymph nodes on neck,

My almost 2 year old son has enlarged lymph nodes on neck, collar bone, and groin. He has had a past hospitalization (1 year ago) for a sever allergic reaction to Rosephen where they said he could have blood and immune issue. He has O blood but no B antibodies and at the time had no white blood cells. He just had blood work done today and his GFR was 788. His Sed Rate was 13. and his Ne % was 39. all other results were in the normal ranges. Other wise a healthy kid bit does sleeep alot for his age. Does this point to an auto immune issue? I am waiting on docs to call back for an appointment.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

This does not point to an autoimmune problem at all, it may be a sign of infection or inflammation

Dr. Brims :

Autoimmune problems are detected by the presence of antibodies

Dr. Brims :

If an autoimmune problem is suspected, then they should check for antibodies

Dr. Brims :

These lymph nodes however do not point to an autoimmune process

Are you able to see my replies in the chat session? If you still have questions please ask
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He has had no real infections or fevers besides a small cold weeks ago. These enlarged nodes have been present for almost a year and are getting bigger they range in size from peas to grapes. Thank you.
Have they considering doing a biopsy of the lymph nodes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not yet, I'm waiting in a specialist to call us back. The wait is rough.
I understand it must be rough , try to stay positive . None of these results point to an autoimmune condition