Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a friend that has some type of leukemia recently he

I have a friend that has some type of leukemia recently he started bleeding from the nose and mouth also had a fever, is this the last stages, to next to dieing?
Hi--what are your friend's medical conditions and how long has the bleeding been going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one week has gone to a doctor but because of the bleeding they think he may have blood in the ears or throat, but my question is, its this the last stages before dieing?

OK. Lillie. It doesn't necessarily mean he's in the last stages but it is definitely a worrisome sign. He may have just have a nose bleed that needs evaluation for the site of the bleed so that site can be cauterized to stop the bleeding. However, it may be that his platelets are low and making it easy for him to bleed and that can be corrected with platelet transfusions and perhaps prednisone therapy. Just this bleeding alone doesn't mean the end is near but if it's a low platelet problem he may have bone marrow suppression from the leukemia and that would mean his prognosis would be poor.