Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

For two days I have had a vibrating feeling in my left foot.

For two days I have had a vibrating feeling in my left foot. Subtle but there. Could this be connected to heart health in any way? I just had a month of constipation now better but I did have a CT scan as prescribed by my Gastro dr. (I have diverticulitis ) she found nothing. Now this foot thing. And I have on and off back/side pain. Overall I do feel ok. I work full time. I am on my feet a lot as I manage a restaurant.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Have you noticed any swelling or discoloration in foot?
Do you have associated pain in left foot?
Do you have numbness in left leg?
Are you on any medications?
Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no swelling in foot or leg. No pain.
No numbness. I'm not on any medication. Yes I have stresses in my life. I would not consider them severe.
The vibrating sensation happens about every 45 seconds and lasts about 6 seconds.
Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

It could be due to nerve compression. It can occur in Degenerative disc disease. These symptoms can occur, when there is any fasciculation of muscles or irritation nerve. This can occur from overuse ,exertion etc.
Having pain in back, indicates nerve compression.

Please don't get panic, these are not related with heart disease.

It can also occur from deficiency of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium-electrolytes, vitamins, dehydration.

These symptoms can also occur due to Peripheral neuropathy.
It results from irritation or injury to the peripheral nerves in the limbs.

You need to get MRI of lower spine, EMG/Nerve conduction study (a nerve & muscle test) for precise diagnosis.

There are few medical conditions responsible for such neuropathy, these are-
-Diabetes
-Thyroid diseases (hypothyroidism)
-Degenerative disc disease.

To make a diagnose you need to undergo few tests. These are-
Blood sugar test, Complete blood count.

For the time, You can use a cold pack to relax foot muscles.
After this use a warm towel or heating pad later if you have pain or tenderness, or you can take a hot bath.

You should gently stretch your leg and move your foot towards your knee, until you feel the calf muscles stretch.
Also you should formulate an exercise routine and ensure that you build on it gradually.You should avoid alcohol.

Please follow above measures, and consult your doctor for clinical evaluation. Further management would be advised after evaluation.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business