Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

My sister had a CMP two months ago and now was experiencing

My sister had a CMP two months ago and now was experiencing lower abdominal pain which has resolved. Could there be an issue with her liver? Would the CMP have shown some abnormal results?

Thanks

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

If there was an issue with her liver the CMP would have shown it

Dr. Brims :

The CMP may not show abnormal results if she has abdominal pain from another cause

Customer:

Thanks for the quick response. So even if the test was done two months prior to any pain, any liver related indication would have been abnormal? Don't know if the CMP results can change so quickly in two months or if it takes longer to manifest.

Dr. Brims :

They can change in 2 months but they are not likely to change unless she has a history of liver disease

Customer:

Great, thanks so much.

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again. My sister used to be a heavy drinker but now rarely drinks so I think she was worried when she experienced the pain. She thinks she should take another CMP but I told her it isn't necessary, is that correct?

You are correct, she does not need another CMP, the previous one is sufficient
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again for your quick response, my sister can relax now.

You're quite welcome