Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I am a 33 year old male, 59 and weight between 205-210lbs.

I am a 33 year old male, 5'9 and weight between 205-210lbs. My BMI is obviously high, and with this ratio I would be considered definitely overweight. However, I wear a size 34 waist, and buy slim fit cut shirts because the regular sizes are too billowy with extra fabric. I am sure I could stand to lose 10lbs or so, but I wear the same size clothes as friends that weigh 20-30lbs less than me. Where is all this extra weight coming from?

My pants are a 34x30, my suit coat is a 42. I just don't understand why I am so heavy and people wearing the same sizes are significantly lighter than me.
Hi--how muscular are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would say... moderately? I'm not a body builder but played rugby professionally for a few years and would say since about 13 to present train with free weights 3x a week or so, more frequently from 15-25.

I can squat over 300lbs and my bench press is around 200

OK--actually I think you're misinterpreting your BMI. Since muscle is denser than fat, more muscular men will have a BMI that seems to suggest obesity but really isn't. Given your waist line measurement, for example, I'd say that your weight reflects a more muscular build and so even though you have more weight on you, it's more compact than fat. If you'd like, visit a gym and have a trainer specifically measure your lean body mass and fat/muscle ratio. I'm sure that will should you just have more muscle than fat