Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I am 27 years old. I was completely fine till last year when

I am 27 years old. I was completely fine till last year when i woke up at 2 am thinking i was havin a heart attack. I was diagnosed with gerd in er. I still get intense stomach pains 2 every couple months wakes me up and i have to squeeze a pillow and walk till the pain stops. It is so painful i sweat and have to control my breath gets worse when i lay down or sit. Can last for at least 3 hours and omeperzole sometimes helps when i take 3 20 mg pills
Have you checked your heart rate and blood pressure?
What is the location of pain in abdomen?
Heartburn?
Nausea,vomiting?
Bloating and flatulence?
Have you seen your doctor so far?
Stress and anxiety?
Any other medical history?
Alcohol and smoking?
Are you taking any other medications?
Have you undergone any investigations so far?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
heart rate and blood pressure fine at my last physical in september. The pain in my stomach is right below my rib cage to the right. I am sore the next day. No heartburn.nausea. Vomiting or bloating, burping sometimes when i take the ompemerzole no stress had anxiety before, my doctor thought the er was wrong with gerd and just told me to take an antacid. I smoke and occassionally drink. I am on birth control.
Thanks for providing more information.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
As you describe,you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and it's good to see a gastroenterologist for a clinical examination and undergo Upper GI scopy,Ultrasound/CT scan Whole abdomen,Liver function test to rule out underlying possible cause like Gall bladder disease,Peptic ulcer,Gastroesophageal reflux disease.

As your symptoms are not relieving with Omeparzole so you may require other prescribed medications which may include-
H-2-receptor blockers
Prokinetics that helps to strengthen the LES and make the stomach empty faster.
It is very essential to undergo further investigations to make a proper diagnosis and further management.
In the meantime you can take Omeprazole before meals and Zantac 150 mg twice a day( morning and at bedtime).

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.