Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

For Dr.Phophalia: Hi Doctor. I spoke to you a few days ago.

For Dr.Phophalia: Hi Doctor. I spoke to you a few days ago. I would like talk about something that still bothers me. Feeling full early in a meal. What could be causing that?

Hello and welcome, Mike

Do you have nausea / vomiting, acid reflux (food reflux), bloating, gas, heartburn?
Any significant past medical illness or surgery?
Are you taking any medicines or supplements?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We spoke on friday night. I was concerned about pancreatic cancer. I have not vommitting. I do have a history of acid reflex. I can be gassy at times and maybe some what bloating. Im taking a medicine for IBS, but i have never been diagnosed.

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I remember our previous interaction. Early fullness after meal can be explained on the basis of your anxiety. I hope you are still not reading about the pancreas cancer. There is a phenomenon that when we read about the symptoms of any illness; those symptoms can be made by the mind and may mimic in ourself. As we discussed, CT scan is considered as the most sensitive medical imaging for the pancreatic cancer. Once it has come out normal, your mind should completely forget about it. No doctor would take slightest chance of missing a diagnosis, especially if it suggested by the patient. Your worry is without a scientific basis and once you come out of it, all of your symptoms are likely to resolve. Your present symptoms are thus likely due to anxiety and associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I have to be completely honest. When i eat, im waiting for myself to feel to full because i was looking for symptoms for so long. Im having a hard time breaking the habbit. But i can admit that everytime i eat, im waiting and expecting myself to feel full pretty quickly.

I can assure you Mike, that this symptoms alone does not point to anything serious. If one tells this symptoms to a doctor, with all your investigations, no alarm bell would ring. Anxiety can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root