Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hello, For about three days now, I have had pain on my left

For about three days now, I have had pain on my left side on what feels to be my rib. It has made my entire breast ache with pain. The pain is also in my back, over my left shoulder blade, and in my back under my armpit. The breast pain scares me, but I really think it's being caused by the side/rib pain. I also ache underneath my left breast at times, too. What is this? Could this be caused by gastrointestinal issues? There are a few spots that hurt like a very sore bruise when I apply pressure. Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Hasan :

Hi

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Dr. Hasan :

Have you tried anything so far?

Dr. Hasan :

Does this pain feels like burning or like an electric shock?

Customer: Hi. Thank you so much for taking my question. I took 2 Advil this morning. Seemed to somewhat help.
Dr. Hasan :

:) you are welcme.

Dr. Hasan :

welcome

Customer: Burning a lot of times. Not electric shock.
Dr. Hasan :

any redness of skin or any blisters?

Customer: None.
Dr. Hasan :

Any backache?

Customer: Yes, in the upper left. Also in my shoulder blade and below it. It wraps around into my rib oftentimes.
Dr. Hasan :

Any shortness of breath, fever, cough, pain on breathing?

Customer: No.
Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input.

Dr. Hasan :

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Customer: What could it be?
Dr. Hasan :

As per symptoms this can be a musculoskeletal pain or least likely shingles pain.

Dr. Hasan :

However as there is no redness shingles is less likely after three days.

Customer: Ok. So do you think the breast pain is most likely referred pain?
Dr. Hasan :

In the absence of other symptoms that i asked for and in the presence of tenderness on pressing, i can assure you that this is not related to your heart.

Dr. Hasan :

So please don't stress yourself.

Customer: Thank you.
Dr. Hasan :

Yes it can be a pinched nerve in shoulder.

Dr. Hasan :

Yes breast pain is referred pain.

Customer: Right now, I have a burning pain in my rib in my side.
Dr. Hasan :

nerve pains feel like burning.

Dr. Hasan :

Your symptoms are not related to gastrointestinal causes.

Customer: Ok. What should I do for it? I've been petrified it was breast cancer.
Dr. Hasan :

I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab aleve twice daily and massage with OTC bengay really helps.

Dr. Hasan :

You can apply heating pad also.

Dr. Hasan :

Breast cancer......... out of question.

Dr. Hasan :

100% guaranteed :)

Customer: Thank goodness.
Dr. Hasan :

If symptoms persist see your doctor but hopefully you will feel better soon.

Customer: Because if I lay on my stomach, it hurts my left breast.
Customer: Ok.
Dr. Hasan :

Yes in muscular pains one can feel so.

Dr. Hasan :

Any question?

Dr. Hasan :

Please feel free to ask.

Customer: You've been so helpful. Thank you so much.
Customer: How long should I wait to go to doctor?
Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan :

You can try the suggestions for next 24 hours.

Dr. Hasan :

If you don't see any improvement you should go.

Customer: Okay. Great - thank you again. :-)
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
HI Elizabeth, I was concerned so i thought i should ask that how are you feeling now? Is there anything i can help you with? Regards