Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

If my MCV was 99 and all other components of my CBC were normal,

If my MCV was 99 and all other components of my CBC were normal, would there be anything to worry about?
Depending on your lab that value is either within normal range or just a little higher than the high normal but considering everything else in the CBC being normal this value has no significance--much higher levels along with low hemoglobins would indicate possible pernicious anemia from low vitamin B 12 levels but in your case, were I your doctor, I would attach absolutely no significance to an MCV of 99
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr Chip,

Thanks so much for your reply. My Internal Med doc also said nothing to worry about regarding the MCV of 99. I have read that raised MCV can be a sign of "pre-leukemia" or MDS? Is there any truth to this? slightly concerned due to my health anxiety.

No--not the MCV--an elevation in white count or platelets could be pre-leukemic, but not an elevated MCV
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks again Dr Chip, I will put this to rest seeing all other lab values from a CBC and Chem 16 were all WNL. I appreciate your expert health advice and keep up the awesome work.

My pleasure entirely--call on me any time