Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

my boyfriend has intermedial MS. He was diagnosed 5 years ago.

my boyfriend has intermedial MS. He was diagnosed 5 years ago. He is a lot of pain everyday and is on vicadin. he is also on copaxine. he is still able to walk on his own and his vision is good. he was told that after another mri it has gotten worse and his doctor was either going to add another med to copaxine or change the copaxine to something more aggressive. do u know what that could be.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Sorry that you had to wait so long for an answer as this question was locked by other experts who did not answer.

Did you mean that after the MRI, his condition worsened?

Do you have the findings of the last MRI?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the mri showed more lesions on his spine so yes his condition is getting worse

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he had more lesions on his spine so yes hes getting worse

Thanks Maryann. Sorry for waiting!

So, you probably what to know th name of the other drug that your doctor wants to add.

It is very likely that your doctor is going to add steroids like oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol) to reduce the new onset symptom spike.
There are other drugs which may be used to reduce the attacks of MS considering the additional lesions that were found in the latest MRI like Fingolimod (Gilenya).

I think it would be one of these drugs to be added to the medicines that he is already receiving or perhaps replace the copaxine with gilenya.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Bonuses would be appreciated.
hi, do you have any more question regarding this problem?
I will be offline now. If you have any more queries, do let me know.

If no more questions, please leave behind a positive feedback.