Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi, I had a low risk activity 110 days ago (mutual masturbation)

Hi, I had a low risk activity 110 days ago (mutual masturbation) with a girl. I had some scratches next to my testicles and I got scared that maybe some fluids from her entered into my body in there or my penis. I don't know her HIV status (she is a friend of a friend) As I got scared I had a quick test at 25 days, an ELISA and antibody count at 30 days. They all got negative. I also made another quick test at day 87 (CASSETE) and a blood test (3rd generation) and both were also negative.

I´m now with some stomach problems and also got some fever (flue). This might be a sign? do I need to retest just in case?

Thanks
Hi--first tell me more about your present symptoms
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I have been last week with some stomach problems (vomit one day and later some fever (99.8F) and then I got some sore throat. I doctor came to my house and told me was just a flue and gave me some medicine and now I´m much better.

OK. First off, if there are going to be any early signs of HIV infection, Mariano, they occur usually in four to six weeks afterwards and not this late in the game. Second, the scenario you describe would have a nearly zero chance of transmitting the virus. Third, you have basically done enough testing to be certain you are negative so you really have nothing to worry about here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX shouldnt retest?

Thanks!

No need to retest Mariano