Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I have recently been diagnosed as having worn out the cartilage

I have recently been diagnosed as having worn out the cartilage in both big toes the remedy being fusion of the joints .The other treatment i am considering is MBST Would you recommend this alternative.

Vince
STAFFS.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, with joint fusion , doctors can achieve more stability and less pain . On the other side , the range of motion could become affected . This procedure is a good option for patients who have severe arthritis or deformity . The recovery time could be from 6-12 weeks.You could need to use a cast or a stiff soled boot to heal better .

If the big toe joints are in good physical condition , you have mild arthritis and there is no deformation , the MBST COULD BE A GOOD OPTION , but if you have severe arthritis or too much deformation, the joint fusion is a better option for you. This procedure uses magnetic waves that stimulates bone and cartilage regeneration.

You could need several sessions from 5 -9 in a period of two weeks .

My final recommendation if you have severe arthritis ,the MBST is not the best option to alleviate your condition specially at your age . The joint fusion is a better option for you and the MBST COULD BE AN ADDITIONAL TREATMENT TO XXXXX combined with the joint fusion .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.