Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi doc. Im get slight chest pains over my are. Not

Hi doc. I'm get slight chest pains over my nipple are. Not all the time. and not bad pain just enough to tell me its their. been happening about a week. Can't u help me

Hello Richard,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Is it on the left side or right side chest?
Do you have cough, heartburn, tenderness on chest, fever?
Any significant past illness?
Are you on any medications?

Is there pain when you move your upper back or shoulder?

Are you diabetic, have high blood pressure, are sedentary, stressed, over weight, smoker, drink alcohol regularly?

Is your cholesterol or lipid profile normal?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Left side. no cough. Heartburn. No past issues. Ibprofun 800 sometimes. Sometimes shoulder. Had shoulder injury last year. it just a fant pain. Do get anxiety. and start a diet this week

Hello Richard,

This is likely to be;

1) Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen is helpful. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Please read about the costochondritis;

2) Pinched nerves in neck causing the radiculopathy pain.

This is called as non cardiac chest pain. You do not have high risk factors for the heart pain. Having said that, any chest pain warrant an EKG and blood test for cardiac enzymes. A very high index of suspicion should be kept for the chest pain and it is strongly advised to go to a doctor for an evaluation for the cautionary purpose. An EKG rules out anything serious and thus you can relax, once it comes out normal. This is the only way we can rule out the pain and heart association. Character, site of pain etc are not confirmatory to establish a diagnosis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.