Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have a burn caused by apple cider vinger from almost two

I have a burn caused by apple cider vinger from almost two weeks ago. I'm not sure if its healing correctly. I went to the ER and was told to use bacetracin and keep it clean. Also hydrocortisone 1% cream with aloe. Some areas are tender to the touch and occasional pain and itching but nothing severe. Also I'm looking to know if there's anything I can do to heal faster.

Hello Aaron,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Are the areas dry?

Can you post a recent photo?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes please hold on

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Aaron for the photos.

This is healing reasonably well. There is no sign of infection and areas seem to be dry with no oozing or discharge. The area takes time to heal because it is not exposed to the air directly and clothes touch it continuously so healing is slightly delayed compared to the other areas of the body. Please let me emphasize two things here;

1) Healing is a natural phenomenon and just keeping the area clean and dry (with prevention of the infection, which the anti bacterial cream is taking care), facilitate the healing.
2) Healing is a rule and not exception; so it will eventually heal. Please do not get anxious because of slight delay as this area takes time to recover.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.