Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

how reliable are CT scans of the abdominal area?

What are your current symptoms?
Duration of symptoms?
Any medical illness?
Are you taking any medicines?
Do you have any query for specific medical condition and C T scan?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had the CT scan already last saturday. All came back normal. Ive just been really scared i have something wrong with my pancreas. Ive lost alot of weight...about 15 pounds in three months, but i have pretty much cut carbs out of my diet. Also, my stools are in consisted in color. Not white but sometimes tannish/yellow. I had colon and endooscopy in march as well.

History of alcohol and smoking intake?
Pain abdomen?
Bloating and flatulence?
Mucus in stool?
What were the results of colonoscopy and endoscopy?
Have you undergone any recent blood work like Liver function test,Serum Amylase,Lipase?
Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do smoke. I have a pain in my left rib cage but my primary doc said i have floating rib and im seeing a chiropractor. The pain has gotten alot better since i started treatment. I do have mucus in my stool that ive noticed and im very gassy. I think last night i was having gas that was passing out mucus. Everything came back normal on my colon and endo as well. Had blood work done in March and all came back normal as well. I also feel quisey in the morning when i wake up and im very gassy. Not nauseated, but quisey. It only lasts for about the first 20 to 30 mins im awake and lastly im taking medication for IBS. I was not diganoised with IBS however.

Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
CT scan is reliable to screen any abnormality of pancreas and it's results are fairly good.
As other investigations results are negative so you shouldn't worry.
It's good to see a gastroenterologist for a clinical exam and discuss your investigations findings to get a conclusion of your symptoms.
I know you are suffering from flatulence,mucus in stool and most likely your symptoms are suggestive of Irritable Bowel syndrome.
However main concern is unexplained weight loss so it suggests other possible differential diagnosis like Celiac disease,hyperthyroidism, vitamin deficiencies,Addison's disease.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.