Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

We are on holiday my wife is onspecialtabletsti prevent another

We are on holiday my wife is onspecialtabletsti prevent another stroke and tabs ti get rid of fluid .niw we are gong home to dr next Monday but for the last few days she has had diarrhoea which is side effect of new anticstikexrabs. Can she leave these off firc2.days as she is dehydrated
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to the site!

My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Can you please tel me what the name of the medication is that she is on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So much I will try this is the one I think causing the diarrhoea---///furiosemide. For avoiding a stroke 40 mg in the morning. Alsoatorvastatin 20g at night. Also valsartan 160mgcapulse twice daily and metformin and metforminand she injects insulin it's only since she has been taking the antistroje tabs all this diarrhoea has happened she had the stroke july28and us takin I think a double Asprin the new regime makes her feel worse ,turmmy exhausted she was best on tabs before stroke hospital could find no cause of stroke waiting till end of sept for heart echo test but they. Tested that and blood pressure and blood glucose all ok. I think some tab or tabs should be stopped till we get home or if you think take an arrate tab to stop diarrhoea for now what are symtonsof if dehydration should that be sorted
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Does she have any blood in her stool?

How many episodes of diarrhea has she had?

How long has she been on furosemide?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood in stool if fireside opt correct name is XXXXX XXXXX drug to stop strokes then she has been on it for four weeks. It's only. 3episodes of diarrhoea she has had one each day after breakfast which prevents us from going out also we gave to find toilet ti discharge urine because of the tablet to get rid of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood in stool if fireside opt correct name is XXXXX XXXXX drug to stop strokes then she has been on it for four weeks. It's only. 3episodes of diarrhoea she has had one each day after breakfast which prevents us from going out also we gave to find toilet ti discharge urine because of the tablet to get rid of i. I. Think furosemide is for getting rid of the urine I hope one if the other tabs re strokes prevention I have actually mentioned but I am not sure .she is asleep and will tell me in the morning what the new tab is which she know us causing the diarrhoea question is what ti do before we get home Monday u do think her risk of stroke is low but she thinks she might get one if she does not take this wretched tab. I can say diabetic specialists tOld her ti stop having toast for breakfast which she has done. I have left you with hotel email and phone number If u think a visit to local hips is necessary ok but she hates bothering people. I think these medics all say different things the hospital altered tabs recommended by specialist heaven knows what her doctor will say. Thing is. What to do until Monday thanjs
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it is a good idea to stop the furosemide without consulting her doctor, she could go into heart failure if it is stopped.

I think the best option for her is to drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration, her diarrhea is likely due to gastroenteritis from a virus or bacteria, and it may require antibiotics, but it may also subside on its own within the next 7 days. If the diarrhea is only once a day then it can wait until she returns on Monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But is the furosemide for urine only or also forvpreventing strokes. Her opinion and she is informed well is that it's not the water tab causing diarrhoea but another new one us that right is there a tab I have or have not mentioned associated specifically. With stopping strokes because it's only since she has been on this tablet that the diarrhoea began. She has always been in urine tabs with no problem except wearing a lot. .uts the new tab not the urine tab upsetting her tummy. I will give you the name of it in the motningv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But is the furosemide for urine only or also forvpreventing strokes. Her opinion and she is informed well is that it's not the water tab causing diarrhoea but another new one us that right is there a tab I have or have not mentioned associated specifically. With stopping strokes because it's only since she has been on this tablet that the diarrhoea began. She has always been in urine tabs with no problem except wearing a lot. .uts the new tab not the urine tab upsetting her tummy. I will give you the name of it in the morning.can she take the state tab to avoid diarrhoea for niw till monday
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Furosemide is not for preventing strokes, it is for heart failure and high blood pressure (or also fluid retention). It makes her urinate more. The aspirin is for strokes, the atorvostatin is also given to prevent strokes as well as decrease cholesterol and protect the heart from heart attacks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the tablet causing the problem is clopidogrel. Can she still this she does not thik she has gastric it's thus tablet she was ok before she took it
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Clopidogrel is used to prevent strokes, she should not stop this without informing her doctor first
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
It is too risky for her to stop clopidogrel, it could lead to another stroke , she should try to stay well hydrated and avoid any food that irritates her stomach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Surely a doctor can make her feel better untilmonday at least
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--I'll try to help here but first it's a little unclear to me which medication you think is causing the diarrhoea and why do you think it's that one medication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the medication beginnIng with the letter c which I have mentioned because the diarrhoea started only after taki g that medication. No other
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the clopidogrel so if she can't stop that can she take erat or imidome for the diarrhoea. No other tablet has caused this reaction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other medication has cause this diarrhoea reaction. .now I have had a virus for a month no temperature but the virus is still there ,may it be she has caught thus and is causing diarrhoea.i am her husband
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
It's been established claudobtel had caused diarrhoea but this tablet must still be taken. Therefore can errat be taken to stop diarrhoea or some other like immiodo
E
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am Dr.Das and I will be happy to help you with your question.

You can use anti-diarrhea medicines like Immodium or Lomotil together with clopidogrel - the medicines do not interact and will help your wife till she can see her doctor.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.