Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

2 years ago today I was told I was PANCA positive (1:32 is

2 years ago today I was told I was PANCA positive (1:32 is my value); 2 years ago my sed rate ranged from 30-45 and my c-reactive protein was 10.30 but in 2/2012 it went up to 56.2.... I have no symptoms that I can pinpoint and I just received my test results and I am still PANCA positive (1:32 is my value again) but my sed rate is 8 and c-reactive protein is 13.5. This has been 2 years of stress not knowing what is going on and without taking any type of medicine to prevent/protect from whatever is making my PANCA positive... any insights?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--have you seen a rheumatologist about this? What about your ANA and rheumatoid factor levels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have seen a rheumatologist and she is monitoring me but with no answers.... my opthamologist referred me to a rheumatologist because my rheumatoid factor was positive (82 was my value) I don't see where she has checked this again over the past two years. My ANA was negative. I am looking at all my test results right now so if you need anymore let me know...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--liver and kidney function are fine Margaret?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes... bilirubin .4 (that's liver right?)

Attachment: 2013-09-13_151317_20130913101227951.pdf

creatinine is .8

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes and liver and kidney functions are fine. Did the rheumatologist tell you that the tests are somewhat nonspecific and it doesn't necessarily mean you have an autoimmune disorder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, she just stated that something must be brewing and may have not surfaced yet. Also, that I may not have a specific disorder but maybe a combination. To me all my numbers have somewhat calmed down and only thing still clouding over me is the PANCA positive and Rheumatoid Factor positive.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--and you're asking whether there is anything you could do to delay or prevent whatever's brewing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes... I just feel like I am sitting on a time bomb and that maybe if I was doing and/or taking something maybe I would feel less stressed. Does that make sense? Every time I have an ache I say to myself, oh no, this is it.....

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes it makes perfect sense. First off, I'd suggest acupuncture and yoga or meditation to ease your worry. You need a nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruits, nuts, coconut milk, tofu or tempeh, and only three servings per week of lean meats, poultry and fish. I'd also suggest omega 3 fatty acid, zinc supplements, and beta carotene along with extra vitamin C and E. The idea is to boost your healthy immune system and to get as many antioxidants as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! Are there any specific questions I need to ask her next week when I go back to New Orleans to discuss my newest results?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, ask if there is a specific disorder he's considering and how often you need retesting. I really don't think, except for retesting every say six months.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice