Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

This morning my right ankle on the outside started to hurt

This morning my right ankle on the outside started to hurt when walking. got progressively worse throughout the day. Now it hurts severely when I move it and when I'm lying down it is throbbing. I turned to lay on my side and my foot started to get tingly. I did not injure it and there is no swelling or redness that I saw. I also have no fever currently.

I'm not sure if this other information is relevant or if the timing is just coincidental... last week I started to get severe pain at the base of my neck, especially when I would move my head. Then my lower back started hurting while the first pain mostly subsided. That has gotten mostly better.

I am a 42 yr old female, overweight but have recently lost some weight, was going to Bikram Yoga regularly (until last week's pain started), have a history of osteoarthritis in my lower back, have hypothyroidism, and a history of kidney stones. .. hope this information helps

I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include Nerve compression at Lumbosacral spine resulting in pain,tingling sensation in ankle,Tendonitis.
And lower back pain,history of Osteoarthritis can be contributing factors.
I suggest you to consult an Orthopedist and MRI/X-ray should be advised.
You can take OTC Advil for pain.
Also gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium and warm compresses can be helpful.
You can also consider physical therapy for pain management.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.