Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I want to talk to someone who want dismiss me :) After an

I want to talk to someone who want dismiss me :)

After an experience of working in an horrible working environment, I have become conscious of how I smell. There were a lot of references re:smells that were directed at me. So I become conscious that I had body odor that I could not smell myself. I have asked family etc but I am conscious that they may be used to my scent. I am so conscious and now think maybe I smell from inside eg coming from gut as I notice that when I speak people seem uncomfortable or always want to offer me drinks. So I wonder if is my breath that smells. I would love to have a chat with someone who is aware of body odor eg metabolic, systematic etc
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Customer:

hi

Dr. Brims :

Have you had any tests?

Customer:

endoscopy bcos I have ibs

Customer:

that was fine

Customer:

I did a tmau test and I don't have the generic disorder

Customer:

however I did the test a few times for secondary tmau

Customer:

however during menustration and overload with choline, my levels were higher

Dr. Brims :

Do you have anxiety disorder?

Customer:

but I wonder if anyone would experience the same, it is not a test that peeps would test for

Customer:

after my last work place I have become anxious

Customer:

which I think is understandable

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

why do you ask about anxiety disorder

Customer:

are u aware of tmau?

Dr. Brims :

Because of your answers I can tell

Customer:

would that's effect anything? the anxiety disorder?

Dr. Brims :

Have you seen an ear nose and throat surgeon?

Customer:

no

Customer:

why?

Dr. Brims :

Because they can examine your throat and see if you have anything causing the smell

Customer:

I do wonder

Customer:

what would cause smell coming from the throat area solely

Customer:

and from what you know is there any herbal to be taken that could improve bad breath especially if coming from the gut area

Dr. Brims :

It could be tonsiller stones, inflamed tonsils or a diverticulum

Customer:

after eating I do feel my house smells a li afterwards would this be the cause of this

Dr. Brims :

ok

Dr. Brims :

This may be the cause

Customer:

ok

Customer:

are u busy?

Customer:

diverticulum what is that?

Customer:

I am just trying to get a better understanding of things to help myself

Dr. Brims :

It is a outpouching of tissue

Customer:

what tissue

Dr. Brims :

In your throat or esophagus

Dr. Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

tonsiller stones, and the other 2 u mentioned

Customer:

can it be cured permanently?

Dr. Brims :

Yes, they can all be cured permanently

Customer:

and in your humble problem should someone be able to smell themselves or breath if it was really bad?

Dr. Brims :

If it is really bad sometimes they can smell themselves

Customer:

but apart from that are we not able to smell ourselves?

Customer:

can tonsiller stones and the things mentioned above cause BO?

Dr. Brims :

No, we are not

Dr. Brims :

They can cause mouth odors

Customer:

lastly with bo even if we could not smell on yourself, could there be clues eg smell in bedroom in morning,on clothes etc

Customer:

on thoughts on this would be appreciated from any experience from people who have come to or you have treated with BO?

Dr. Brims :

No, you would not smell it

Dr. Brims :

People with BO usually have a metabolic problem which will show up on tests

Customer:

Would endoscopy produce any signs?

Dr. Brims :

It may pick up a cause

Dr. Brims :

The best test is a complete metabolic profile

Dr. Brims :

It is a blood test

Customer:

I don't think they do that in the UK

Dr. Brims :

They do it in the UK

Customer:

Do you know how I can test for it here

Customer:

because my GP has no clue

Dr. Brims :

You can ask for the test by name, he will order it for you

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience