Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Hi, How do I stop from fainting again?

Customer Question

Hi, How do I stop from fainting again?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 10 months ago.

Anthony Bray, MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray, MD :

If you feel light headed and dizzy at times then this could be a sign of your blood pressure running too low...

Anthony Bray, MD :

You need to check your pulse and BP to check for TRENDS however..

Anthony Bray, MD :

If your BP does run too low then you may benefit to increase your salt(sodium) and fluid intake...

Anthony Bray, MD :

If you have some illness with nausea> Nausea is a frequent cause of the vaso vagal type of faint. Treating the underlying cause of nausea woiuld be helpful if this should be part of the problem...

Customer:

Hi, I do feel that way at times- it is like a wave of light headedness. how do I treat the nausea?

Anthony Bray, MD :

Well that may depend on the cause. Most common cause of nausea would be due to stomach issues such as gastritis for example. IF this were your cause then you might benefit to treat with Prevaicid, Prilosec or other medicine to reduce stomach acid...I do not want to over-reach what I know relative to your case however.. I recommend that you discuss further with your doctor...\

Customer:

I also have been living with ringing in my ears for 24years and was told it was nerve damage

Anthony Bray, MD :

It may be of help to treat nausea itself with Phenergan or Zofran >> PERHAPS >> IF you have recurrent nausea as an issue,,,'

Anthony Bray, MD :

The cause of the nausea (??stomach, gastritis, ulcer, other) (Urinary tract infection??) should be sought and treated if needed...

Customer:

I also have ringing in my ears caused by nerve damage for 24 years

Anthony Bray, MD :

Yes the ringing of the ear may be due to nerve conduction problems of the inner ear....

Customer:

could the ringing make me dizzy at times

Anthony Bray, MD :

Valium is one possible drug to reduce your perception of this nuisance... It would tend to dampen how strongly your perceived the ringing...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Well inner ear problems may at times relate to both nausea and to the tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

Anthony Bray, MD :

Do you have a sense of VERTIGO?? (sense of the room spinning ) with your dizziness? This would be suspicious for inner ear being more likely to be part of the problem for you...

Customer:

do you think my heart is ok

Anthony Bray, MD :

Meniere's disease involves too much fluid pressure of the inner ear and this may be treated with a diuretic....Meniere's has symptoms of vertigo type dizziness, ringing in ears and hearing loss..

Anthony Bray, MD :

Yes I think your heart is OK>>>

Customer:

that is good to hear- I want to reduce my stress level in my life- I want to stop thinking or obsessing so much stuff in my head- how do I do this ?

Anthony Bray, MD :

Well that is good question. It is a common challenge to not worry to excess>> first of all you may be within the normal limits with regard to your stress / anxiety >> you might not yet be at a point in which you need medical treatment for this. Regular exercise may help for example if this were the case.

Anthony Bray, MD :

If you have stress severe enough then you may have benefit to discuss further with your docotr...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Your doctor might evaluate your anxiety further for example with a questionnaire and perhaps a few...

Anthony Bray, MD :

If diagnosed with an anxiety disorder then treatment may well include a medication for anxiety and might include being referred for some counseling./.. it depends on the situation...

Customer:

I do exercise and eat organic -every body thinks I am in my 40's-I do need some counseling- I take care of my 85year old mother and too many things to get done with no one to help me

Anthony Bray, MD :

I see. Yes, it sounds that you would benefit from increased emotional support. Caring for your mother is no doubt a huge stressor for you. This kind of thing is simply not easy to deal with. I wish you the best as you struggle with your worries and anxiety and the stress of helping your mother...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Evaluation of you for nboth anxiety and depression I feel would be worthwhile to pursue...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Your primary care doctor may be comfortable with helping with these psychiatric issues OR may refer you to a psychiatrist...

Customer:

Thank you so much, you take care and you have helped me so much!

Anthony Bray, MD :

I would recommend that you discuss this further with your doctor..

Anthony Bray, MD :

You are very welcome!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Take Care! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray, MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Customer:

I will, bye, sincerely, Wendy

Anthony Bray, MD :

Take Care!!

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice