Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My Mothers uterus has prolapsed. She is 52 years. Can you

My Mother's uterus has prolapsed. She is 52 years. Can you let me knw wht needs to be done in this case, and what is the food sheneeds to eat? How to treat it?
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Patients with mild uterine prolapse do not require therapy as symptoms are usually absent or they are just discomforting. Following would help in mild prolapse;

1) Pelvic floor exercises
2) Pessaries / uterine support devices; Many different types of pessaries can be used, and the two most common types, are, the ring with support and the donut pessary, depending on concomitant pelvic floor defects. Other types are the inflatable ball, cube, and Gehrung pessaries.
3) Application of topical estrogen

In moderate to severe cases; surgery may be needed or if the above measures are not helpful, surgery would be the treatment of choice. Surgery entails pelvic floor repair strengthening the pelvic floor and adjacent tissue or removal of uterus (hysterectomy) in some cases.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.