Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Can i let you know how it goes after my psychiatry meeting

star-full

Sure--but no more discussion about the pregnancy until you have the next ultrasound
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are evil
Yeah, right.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tell me your still 99% certain
I'm 99% certain but again--first off if I'm evil you shouldn't talk to me again and second, nothing more about the pregnancy until the next ultrasound
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Youre really evil. Im just really nervous
OK--I'll bite--how exactly am I evil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ThAt aas suppose to say not evil
OK--listen I'm trying to help you out by refusing to talk about the pregnancy anymore because like I said it only makes things worse for you for us to keep talking about it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know. I am just going to ignore what the NP said because shes not a dr and my dr said im fine
Perfect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And i trust you more than anyone else
OK--but get back to me after the session today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said no meds until 2nd trimester
And what did you guys do with the rest of the session?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats all the longer the session was. 5 mins max
She really isn't doing any psychiatric work then. Did you have another meeting with your therapist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did. And that went ok
In what way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He didny make my anxiety worse
Come on--sometimes it's like pulling hen's teeth with you--what did you talk about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Baby stuff. Thats pretty much it
Baby stuff?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just about being pregnant eating healthy exercising
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I talked to my OB nurse today and she said she tried to explain to the OB NP about my anxiety and she said it would have made me more anxious if i went there and there wasnt a heartbeat that coukd ve heard on the Doptone
Sorry--I was off. Just have to say it's unfortunate that you have a psychiatrist that only hands out pills and a therapist who totally wastes the time of a session. And I didn't quite understand the statement above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ob drs nurse told the rn that she should see me today because of my anxiety issues
Still don't understand--that isn't what you first said she said
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats not what the ob np said to me
Well, let's let it go because I just don't understand exactly what happened there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What dont you understand
Well with your first statement the third "she" doesn't tell me which one said that. And whichever one said the part about the possible negative ultrasound, even that statement doesn't really make sense to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont know how
To mske it make sense sorry
No problem--anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish people understood how their words make my anxiety skyrocket
Words from other people don't do that--you do that to yourself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont. Even my psychiatrist said i cant help it
I didn't say right now you can't help it but you still do it to yourself and you tend either to misunderstand what someone says or go way beyond the meaning of what they said. And I really don't need to hear what your psychiatrist says if all she does is meet with you for five minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i dont. I told you exactly what the OB RN said
And you ran with that just like you focused on Dr Bray's not being absolutely certain about your viable pregnancy. Let's drop this because you won't be able to grasp what I'm saying right now and I blame your therapist and your psychiatrist for that since what I'm trying to do should have been their job long ago. By the way--I could be dead wrong but there's a new question posted to a GYN where the pregnancy facts almost match yours identically--was that you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean i wont be able to grasp it im not dumb. And no i didnt ask a question in ob
Just asking because the facts in the question almost matched yours identically. I'm not saying you're dumb but since you keep debating me about how you take statements and turn them around to make yourself worry I'm saying that for now you just aren't receptive to my suggestions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whats the question? My ob said my baby will be fine so thats what i havr to believe
So then why did you let what the NP said before whack you out after your OB had told you there was nothing to worry about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because my OBs nurse calmed me back down
No--my point was it whacked you out before you got calmed down.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TAlkedto my GI dr today and he told me the itchiness could be from either the pentasa or the folic acid. But to continue taking them until i see him tomorrow
Could be the folate--easy enough to stop that for a short time to tell
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But theres folic acid in my prenatal
Just saying it could be and it could be only the prescription folate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well ill let you know what my gi says this afternoon
Be sure to ask him all the questions I gave you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He says the only way for certain to tell if i have crohns is to take meds and see if i feel better. He said he cant answer my question about wether or not ill have to be on meds forever. He said if i wasnt pregnant hed blast me with steriods to see if that helped. He said if the pentasa helps then the pain, cramping, ect should get better
And the itching?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He didnt say anything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He also said if i dont take the medication then im risking my babys health
OK--so do you have questions about all this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im kinda confused. He said i had crohns but then today says the only way to know if i have crohns is to see if the meds work. And i dont like how he cant tell me if i have to be on them forever
I have to admit that wasn't very specific at all. Even if the medication doesn't help much that wouldn't prove it isn't Crohn's And as I said before, if it calms it down, you don't have to be on it forever
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He still wants to do a gastrin stimulation test but cant cuz im pregnant but he did repeat the gastrin and did the chromogranin A
Well, unless the Crohn's calms down the gastrin level will still probably be elevated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is my crp not elevated
I told you before it's relatively nonspecific and it doesn't have to be elevated with Crohn's
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He thinks im going to flare
Why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He didnt say. But i think im already flared
I don't understand why you don't ask obvious questions when they come up right then and there. And yes you are having a flare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He doesnt think so
Well, why didn't you simple ask him why he thought it would flare? I get the impression you mostly sit there and just nod your head at whatever a doctor says.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do just agree with what he says. He doesnt like lots of question
Exactly how do you know he doesn't like questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because he gets crabby
So what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess i dont like to make him crabby. But if im not flaring now then i cant imagine what a flare would feel like
You as a patient have the right and the responsibility to ask questions and he as the doctor has the responsibility to answer them so drop the worry about his feelings. I see no reason to be predicting an additional flare right now and I guess we can't know why he said that because you didn't ask
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am i flaring now or not
Your not quiescent. A flare by definition is significant symptoms and unless you're realitively OK now with little or no abdominal pain and diarrhea you're in a flareup
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If secretin is a natural element in our bodies why cant i do the secretin stimulation test
The test is done in pregnant women only if it's determined that there's an urgent reason for doing it--secretin is category C for pregnancy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Inwonder why he did the repeat gastrin if crohns can cause it to be elevated. And the chromagranin a
I can't read his mind so let's drop that part. It seems to me you're still looking for a way to get out of having the diagnosis of Crohn's
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont want to have crohns. And i dont think a blood test can determine if i have it
OK but we've discussed this as much as we can for now so anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You kinda wont let me talk about anythjng
Not true at all--we've talked about this extensively but, as usual, you won't let go of something and keep saying but but but. So far as I'm concerned you have Crohn's and I don't know what I can tell you that I haven't already told you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do i accept that
May take time--knowing you there's no way for you to easily let go and accept. Right now you get on with your life and stop useless rumination about it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its just a crappy diagnosis
True--by the way how did your mother figure react to the news?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What news? The crohns
Of course
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She doesnt think i have it. She still thinks all my gi issues are from when i starved myself last summer
I figured that would be the stance she'd take--might as well give up trying to convince her of the obvious truth
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is hard set that all my problems were caused by no eating
And that you're making up your pain
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She says its not as bad as i say. That im a overreactor
Well, again consider the source and she really should focus on her own problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It. Is kinda nice to have A diagnosis
Yes--an answer relieves a lot of doubt and rumination
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lab drew my gastrin level today but i wasnt fasting
Not important really. I have to get to bed soon--anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Night
Night--talk at you later
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there really nothing i can do for morning sickness? I cant eat without puking
Talk to you GYN and see if he'll be OK with something like the Zofran
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything besides medication i can try
Here's one link

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-9602/30-natural-remedies-for-morning-sickness.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When will it go away
Usually after a month--listen page is very long so let's not post on this one any more
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It wont let me look at you answer because i dont have enough funds. Thats why i didnt want u to put an answer
Seriously--if you don't have the money you shouldn't post any questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow, way to be mad at me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please dont be

I'm not mad but that's how the site works
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Be mad at me i dont care. The RN triagers said i can take zofran do you agree
What do you mean by an RN triager?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is an RN abd she works the triage line for our clinic
I still won't tell you to take it without the OK from your OB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please dr chip. I cant even eat And i wint be able to talk to my ob until monday
I just can't do it--I'm not even your own doctor but I told you before that even if I were I'd run it by your OB first. Look--you've been so worried about this pregnancy so why take even the smallest risk at this point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because if i cant eat/drink thats harmful to the baby too
Stop debating me--I just won't personally tell you it's OK to take the Zofran so stop asking me to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow
Wow nothing--it would be like me prescribing for you on an internet site--that's tantamount to medical negligence and medical malpractice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what do i do for it today
If push comes to shove, go to the ER
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think i can wait until monday. I havent been able to eat anything since a little toast yesterday am
What about fluids?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They arent going down to great either
You need to be specific with this--are you getting dehydrated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My pees really dark and my mouth is dry so probably
Then you need to get to the ER for IV hydration and they can OK the Zofran
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really have been trying. My therapist is going to say its my eatibg disorder but its not
It's not your eating disorder but you need the ER
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fine
Later then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think theyll give me fluids
They should--just go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im scared
Just go and stop the chatting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did some blood work my glucose was low. They gave me some zofran and gave me some juice to drink but i vomited it back up. The dr said my labs dont show that im dehydrated enough to require fluids
Well at least now you have the Zofran
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They gave me a shot of zofran and said to tAlk to my ob tomorrow
That's enough for today if it's going to help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am i going to hurt this baby if i cant eat or drink
Usually early term sickness like this can be managed with no harm done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you mad at me
No--and I never have been whenever you say that so I really don't understand why you think I would be
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ithink your mad at me because i cant even make myself eat/drink for this baby
No--I told you I don't think this has anything to do with your eating disorder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But i feel like a bad parent
If you can't eat because of being sick that's not your fault
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wgat can i do. I am miserable
Nothing more for now until you talk to your OB tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why didnt the zofran help? I read an article about getting Crohns into remission without steroids by doing exclusive enteral nutrition
Enteral as with a feeding tube or a J tube? Zofran doesn't always work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.practicalgastro.com/pdf/April09/DayArticle.pdf
OK--that's been around for a long time and it could be beneficial in your case. The term enteral feeding is a little nebulous since just eating is by definition enteral feeding
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think its something worth talking to my gi about
Absolutely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it ok to do this while pregnant?
Yes but first it needs to be determined if what's going on now is the Crohn's or your pregnancy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do they determine that
I think it's your pregnancy--there's no way to be sure but this sounds more like that. Like I said, that can be treated first
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont like having crohns disease
You just started chatting again on an already overly long page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you promise me that nit eating isnt going to hurt the baby
Not for a few days, no
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry that all i talk about baby stuff
That's OK but you have to stop posting the chat things like you don't like having Crohn's
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry. Is a chromagranin a level if 62 good if reference range is less than 90? Should itbe 0
That just means basically a negative test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How come its not zero. Im worried that in a couple years itll be higher. Tjis website says it should be lower than 39
You need to stop right now doing any internet research on anything medical--that's as bad as your continuing to talk about something when there's no more reason to. It's a negative test so let it go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will you just look at the website? http://www.carcinoid.org/content/understanding-biochemical-markers

Promise its normal
Did you notice the part about elevation with pregnancy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Then read it again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So my level is totally normal
Yes--doesn't indicate a gastrinoma. Listen--I totally understand about the money thing and your not being allowed to see my answer when I post one, but I give you a lot of answers before I post a response as an answer. We simply can't keep a page going on forever.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know. Im sorry
Don't be but we need to close this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Fyi iwas able to eat a little before throwing up
I think in time you'll be able to eat again--just hold on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pulse is 162
We can't keep going on on this page so please stop. Could be dehydration but no way to tell. In a case like this you need to call your doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tomorrow
Don't post anything more on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Guess whos gastrin level is normal. I just had to post this
Good--then you can let go of one worry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/health/7zi8d-locked-customer-service.html
Not sure why you showed me that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr chip please. I cant keep anything down. Im afraid imgoing to hurt this baby