Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I am a 45y/o female, 56" approx.160..I have swelling under

I am a 45y/o female, 5'6" approx.160..I have swelling under my lower ribcage and upper left abd quad. It seems to be positional(feels almost as if its moving around) and at times feels very tight and other times not at all. It seems to increase in pressure as the day goes on. It does not necessarily hurt just causes discomfort from I guess pushing on my rib cage. I have had chronic problems with enlarged kidney stones that have been surgically removed(about 6 surgerys total)but this does not at all feel like hydronephrosis, which makes me vomit and is extremely painful. There have been no changes in my bowels. Getting a little worried.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How large is the lump?
Is it soft or hard?
Does it change in size & shape on laying back or with coughing or sneezing?
Any other symptoms?
Do you have associated pain or tenderness?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot determine the size, I guess if I had to feels like the size of a raquetteball . It does seem to fade somewhat when Im lying on back, but not too much coughing or sneezing at present, so unsure on that. It is not what I would consider a lump, but almost feels similar to the feeling of my children in utero pushing on my rib cage, but only on left side. No actual pain just uncomfortable.

Dear XXXXX, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

It could be a Lipoma or a Cyst in the abdominal wall.
A Lipoma is a benign (noncancerous) fatty lump that usually causes no symptoms or problems, it is made up from fat cells that clump together.

If you are not bothered by a Lipoma that develops, then it is best just to leave it alone. If it causing symptoms such as pressure symptoms, then it may be removed by minor operation.

It could also develop due to hernia.

Hernia is usually soft in nature & changes its shape with position or straining.
Hernia occurs, when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle.
Also some people are born with weak abdominal muscles and may be more likely to get a hernia.

Line of treatment is usually surgery to repair the opening in the muscle wall. Untreated hernias can cause pain and health problems.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for clinical evaluation and get this issue managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.