Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

if i sit for a long time my buttbone hurt feels like a burning

if i sit for a long time my buttbone hurt feels like a burning bruise had prblem for long time never injured it fell or anything if i adjust stand or move it stopse hurting but dont undertand how sitting on a soft couch makes buttbone hurt so uncomfortable i have to adjut to right or left of it to relive pain even then still hurts just not as bad
Hi--is this your coccyx--the tip of your tailbone--where the pain is? Did you get any x-rays?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive had xrays since that dr visits ive got a herniated disk l5s1 so ive had plenty xrays and mri but wa never told of anything broken

OK Marchello but where exactly is the pain like I asked above?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes does feel like tip of tailbone

OK. This is called coccydynia and it often has no cause like a contusion to the tailbone. The use of a donut cushion and ibuprofen can help, but if it isn't relieved in a few days you may need a cortisone injection.