Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I wanted to know how to manage nonalcoholic fatty liver. in

I wanted to know how to manage nonalcoholic fatty liver. in 2009 I got a biopsy because my bilirubin number was high. I was told to take vitamin E. what can I do to manage
Hi--what are the values of all your liver function tests and were you not told anything about how to manage this? What's your height and weight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The biopsy was inconclusive then. So was the ultrasound. But every year the bilrubin count is a little off. My height is 5 6. Weight is 170. I currently do not have the levels

Well are the other liver enzymes normal? Again, your height and weight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My height is 5 foot 6 inches weight is 170. Other enzyme levels are normal

OK--for now then your liver is basically functioning fine. The things to do are to avoid any alcohol or medications like Tylenol. You need a nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruits, coconut milk, nuts, tofu or tempeh, and only three servings per week of lean meats, poultry and fish. There really is no specific treatment for this but as long as you work at protecting your liver you should be fine Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you