Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

What drugs are now commonly used in treating ADHD in a 14 yr

What drugs are now commonly used in treating ADHD in a 14 yr old boy? Thank you Tommy.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

You are offline but I am still providing you an answer.

Stimulants such as Ritalin and Adderall are often prescribed for ADHD in children , but they might not be the best option for your child—and they’re certainly not the only treatment.

Medications for ADD/ADHD may help your child concentrate better or sit still, at least in the short term.

I would also like to highlight that some children experience dramatic improvement while others experience little to no relief. The side effects also differ from child to child.

As a parent, you have a huge influence over your child’s treatment. Evidence shows that eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of exercise, and making other smart daily choices can help your child manage the symptoms of ADD/ADHD.

So, please talk to a specialist (child psychiatrist) to get the best treatment for your child.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.