Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Dr. Brimms, sometimes at night/when I lay down (for the last

Dr. Brimms, sometimes at night/when I lay down (for the last few months) I can hear sort of a squeaking noise, as if it is coming through my nose...even though it is normal to happen when one has a stuffed nose/flu, it has been happening randomly when I am laying down...sort of a squeaking noise. Sorry don't know how else to explain it. Could it be due to sinus or hearing issues? I did just go to an ENT and all seemed to check out okay...could this sort of a thing be related to haradas or VKH?

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

What type of exams did you have with the ENT?

Customer:

He just looked in my ear and nose - had said at the time I was a bit stuffed up...nothing too fancy.

Customer:

I do tend to have sinus issues...

Customer:

This has been happening for the last few months.

Customer:

Off and on.

Dr. Brims :

Okay, then this is likely just from your sinus congestion, it is not related to haradas or VKH

Customer:

Do you know/have an idea as to the sound I am speaking of? Sorry it is tough to put into words...although it has been happening for a few months, off and on. What types of tests should I get if any? Will this go away?

Customer:

And it only happens when I am laying down.

Dr. Brims :

This is likely to subside on its own, it is due to congestion, you do not require any tests. I am familiar with the sound you are referring to

Customer:

Why should it start happening randomly for the last few months? I could not have been congested consistently for the last few months...? And I have had sinus issues for years yet it has remained this consistent only for the last few months.

Customer:

Also, the fact that it happens when I am laying down - is that indicative of anything? Thank you.

Dr. Brims :

it may be due to excessive congestion or sinus inflammation, it likely occurs when you lay down because it causes the mucus to stay in the posterior nasal region

Customer:

Ok, thank you so much for your quick response. I will not concern myself with this much now. Have a good day.