Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

I burned myself with Apple Cider Vinegar trying to treat HPV

Customer Question

I burned myself with Apple Cider Vinegar trying to treat HPV Warts. This affected by groin and penis shaft area. I have used bacetracin and antiseptic wash. I was recently told to use hydrocortizone .05-1% as well in the affected area. I used a little last night and today now the skin is turning darker red especially around the white scabs forming, which I had not noticed before this. Is it getting infected? Or is this signs of healing?
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.

Chris C. :

Hello! I will be assisting you today. This color change would indicate that the area is healing. As you have found out this method is not only dangerous but not very effective. The are should continue to heal with the hydrocortizone application. To treat the warts it is best to go to the walk in clinic or your regular doctor. There are a few different method s to remove them without the high risk of injury. I have met people that used this method and have become permanently scarred.

Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.
Were you able to read my reply?