Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.

I have miralax, magnesium citrate, and ducalax. I dont

I have miralax, magnesium citrate, and ducalax.

I don't know what time to use each of these.

This is the general method to follow:

One (1) 238- gram bottle of Miralax powder (no prescription needed)
64 oz. of Gatorade (not cherry-flavored)
four (4) Dulcolax tablets
one (1) 10-oz. bottle of magnesium citrate (not cherry-flavored)

The day before the exam:

Drink only clear liquids for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Solid foods, milk, and milk products are not allowed.

Clear liquids include the following, as long as they are not red or purple:Strained fruit juices without pulp (apple, white grape, lemonade), water, clear broth or bouillon, coffee or tea (no milk or creamer), Gatorade, carbonated or non-carbonated drinks, Kool-Aid or other flavored drinks, plain Jell-O, and popsicles. Coke and Pepsi are okay.

MIRALAX/GATORADE MIXTURE: Start between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m.

1. Mix the 238- gram Miralax bottle in 64 oz. of Gatorade in a pitcher with some ice until the powder is completely dissolved.

2. Drink approximately 8 oz. every 10-15 minutes until the solution is finished.

DULCOLAX TABLETS: Take 4 Dulcolax tablets between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m

MAGNESIUM CITRATE: If you are scheduled for the procedure in the morning, take 10 oz. of magnesium citrate over 1 hour, starting at 10:00 p.m.

If your procedure is scheduled in the afternoon, take 10 oz. of magnesium citrate over 1 hour, starting at 6:00 a.m. on the day of your procedure.

If your procedure is in the morning, drink and eat nothing after midnight.If your procedure is in the afternoon, you are allowed clear liquids until 8:00 a.m