Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

My legs from ankle up to almost my knees are discolored due

Customer Question

My legs from ankle up to almost my knees are discolored due to broken capillaries. I have had veins in both legs collapsed to help my circulation it has not helped. My dermatologist said I had Schamburgs disease. When I stand a long time on my feet it breaks out the capillaries. Is there any way I can increase my circulation in legs or is there something I can do to decrease the stains on my legs due to this. Eventually the capillaries fade but leave my legs stained (brownish).
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--there is a medication called Trental that is used to clear up your condition. You should ask your doctor about trying it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you state that a medication call "Trental" will help clear the discoloration or condition. What is Trental & how does it work? What causes my capillaries to break? Is it poor circulation or what?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
It's a combination of poor capillary circulation and thinness of you skin from lack of good blood flow. Trental opens up capillaries and promotes growth of new ones to increase the blood flow to the skin Louise