Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

HI I have bad pain in my upper and lower jaw and all my teeth

I have bad pain in my upper and lower jaw and all my teeth feel like i have drank something warm and then all of a sudden something cold. The pain leads all the way to the back of my eaar and mostly my Temples. If feels like the front of my head as well as the sides by my temples are going to explode. It has been like this for 4 days now and the pain is getting worse each day to the point that i cant sleep at night.I am 21 weeks pregnant and cant take anything except panadoes(paracetamol) and it doesnt help at all.

What could this be?

Hi--the pain is on both sides? When did it start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. sometimes it feels like its more on the right hand side. But mostly it feels like its my whole upper and lower jaw and gumes with the head aches(by he front of my head and by the temple area)The area aound my temples are the worst. If i take a wet face cloth and put it over the areas it relieves the pain a little bit.

OK Jeanette. Any fever or nasal discharge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just have alittle watery substance out my ears every now and again. not all day. i dont think i have had any fever. i have been taking panadoes all day longIts been like this since last week thursday.

OK--one of two possibilities here. You probably have a severe bilateral sinus infection and you're going to need antibiotics for that. Much less likely because the pain is bilateral would be trigeminal neuralgia-inflammation of the cranial nerves that run in the distribution of your pain. Either way, you really need to see your doctor about this as soon as possible. The trigeminal neuralgia can be treated with a medication called Tegretol
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just would like to know would this infection be bad for the bab?

No, not at all and antibiotics during pregnancy are completely safe but the sooner you start them the better