Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Im gettig nervous just waiting for the results

You've been nervous about that for some time--waiting a little longer isn't going to be impossible
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its 5983. Somaccording to our values that puts me atleast 5 weeks
So are you feeling better about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is just for humor here--what's next on your worry list?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not funny. I still have the us on wednesday
Yes it was funny--you need to learn to laugh at yourself at times. Have you spoken to your GYN?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Anything else for now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are my numbers good
Very much so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My labs levels are
3 wk 6-71
4 wk 10-750
7 wk 3697-163563

So i gotta be between 5 and 7 weeks right
Looks like it, yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not worried about it anymore
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ultrasound today
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Freaking out u/s results

Showed a single intrauterine gestational sac with yolk sac identified. Mean sac diameter corresponds to a gestational age of 5 weeks 2 days. However no fetal pole identified. Follow up exam recommeneded in 1-2 weeks to confirm viability
Did you talk to your GYN about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He said repeat u/s in 2 weeks
He had no comments?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No he said i could cancel my first ob appr for now. Im freaking out majorly
You mean you didn't ask him anything at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I only talked to his nurse. You told me it would be fine
It doesn't mean there's anything wrong--just a finding often seen early on. But I'm not going to go through trying to calm you down about this--call him up and talk to him.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just abandon me, some friebd you are
No, not abandoning you but I'm just not going to discuss this with you. You very well may be too early on to see a fetal pole and so this doesn't mean there's anything wrong but you should at least here that from your GYN. I'm just not going to spend hours going over this with you--I've already done that with the HCG levels.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Youre abandoning me when i need you the most.
No I'm not and don't try to lay a guilt trip on me here. I just don't have anything more to tell you than there's still no reason to worry. If you can't accept that and you won't call your GYN, then post a question on the GYN site here and talk to one of them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cant talk to the gyn until tomorrow. And i did ask an ob expert on here
And what did he say? And why didn't you tell me that in the first place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ifigured you could see it. He said it maybe to early to see it
Actually he didn't say maybe--he said it was too soon. And I agree
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why would they have done one today then
I really don't know to tell you the truth--was it your GYN or the one that saw you when you were spotting that ordered it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was the oncall ob dr for my clinic. My ob dr has been gone for the last week. When he got the results of my hcg level today he demanded i get the u/s today. It cant be bad can it when my hcg level was so much higher than it was before
I think the other OB was just checking for an ectopic. Listen--I'm not going to go any farther with this because I won't get anywhere with the way you worry. Your HCG is good--even Dr Owen said that--and it's too soon to see a fetal pole and your next ultrasound should show one. Now for now let it go.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can we talk about other things
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im kinda concerned that im passing stool so many times during the day
How many times and is it watery? How much each time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Literally 5-8 times a day. So far 6 times today. Its not watery its just mushy. Its a moderate amount each time
Nothing really serious about that then. Part of it is from the Crohn's med but that should resolve in time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its too many times. And my epigastric region still hurts
OK--you be the doctor then. I just told you it's nothing serious and you say it must be. And I still expect you to have some abdominal pain for now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But this much
But but but--if there wasn't anything to worry about it would be necessary for you to find something to worry about. This is the aftermath of a Crohn's flare up and since it isn't watery and either pus colored or bloody it's just due to an increase in your intestinal transport time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you make a list of questions i should ask my gyn dr tomorrow
Is the HCG level where it should be at this time? When do you think was my date of conception? Why was the ultrasound done this early on? Is there any reason to think there's anything wrong with the pregnancy and do you expect to see a fetal pole with the next ultrasound?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How about my gi dr
How long will I have to be on the medication? What can I expect in the next month as far as pain, cramping, and unusual bowel movements? What can I expect as far as the future with this disease?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wish you were my dr
Next best thing I guess given this medium
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can i do for crohns besides meds
Really nothing besides the proper diet that we've talked about before
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just fyi im going to calm down. Im on a forum that a lot of other women had this same issue and 2 weeks later they were fine and wble to see heart beat. Im scared to see my therapist today
You mean tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I mean wednesdsy. My brain not working
Well, I think you should tell him that he did absolutely nothing for you last time but scare you, make you worry, and give you unwarranted and unfounded medical advice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im worried he will do it again
Don't let him--walk out the minute he tries
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you still 99% certain about it being ok
Yes and so far I've been right. I'm going to have to get off soon so anything else for now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you tired of this baby stuff
No but you do tend to go on and on about something once we've basically covered it as far as we can at the time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You do understand that i dont like to be overly worried but i just cant seem to help it
You can't help it for now but hopefully--broken record here--with good therapy you'll get over that. What you can do for now is stop talking about it and stop reading about things like a blighted ovum--you only feed the fires when you do that. Get back to me when you need to but we need to close this page.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why do you threaten to opt out so often
Only when the conversation is getting nowhere and you won't stop trying to beat a dead horse--have to get your attention somehow. Seriously--I'm off until tomorrow
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im having a panic attack of a lifetime
Get back to me on a new page in three hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My regular OB dr said everything looks wonderful. And to keep my appt with the OB NP tomorrow. So i am calmed down now
Good--I'm glad. We really need to close this page though
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you answer this one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Fever of 100.9 and mucousy bloody stool
That's a closed question and I had to be off last night--get back to me in three hours on a new page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive lost 3 pounds. My dr told me to take 1/2 unisom at night