Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Im gettig nervous just waiting for the results

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You've been nervous about that for some time--waiting a little longer isn't going to be impossible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its 5983. Somaccording to our values that puts me atleast 5 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So are you feeling better about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
This is just for humor here--what's next on your worry list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not funny. I still have the us on wednesday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was funny--you need to learn to laugh at yourself at times. Have you spoken to your GYN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else for now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are my numbers good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Very much so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My labs levels are
3 wk 6-71
4 wk 10-750
5 wk(NNN) NNN-NNNN
7 wk 3697-163563

So i gotta be between 5 and 7 weeks right
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Looks like it, yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not worried about it anymore
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ultrasound today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freaking out u/s results

Showed a single intrauterine gestational sac with yolk sac identified. Mean sac diameter corresponds to a gestational age of 5 weeks 2 days. However no fetal pole identified. Follow up exam recommeneded in 1-2 weeks to confirm viability
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you talk to your GYN about that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said repeat u/s in 2 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
He had no comments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he said i could cancel my first ob appr for now. Im freaking out majorly
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You mean you didn't ask him anything at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only talked to his nurse. You told me it would be fine
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't mean there's anything wrong--just a finding often seen early on. But I'm not going to go through trying to calm you down about this--call him up and talk to him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just abandon me, some friebd you are
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, not abandoning you but I'm just not going to discuss this with you. You very well may be too early on to see a fetal pole and so this doesn't mean there's anything wrong but you should at least here that from your GYN. I'm just not going to spend hours going over this with you--I've already done that with the HCG levels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Youre abandoning me when i need you the most.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not and don't try to lay a guilt trip on me here. I just don't have anything more to tell you than there's still no reason to worry. If you can't accept that and you won't call your GYN, then post a question on the GYN site here and talk to one of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant talk to the gyn until tomorrow. And i did ask an ob expert on here
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And what did he say? And why didn't you tell me that in the first place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ifigured you could see it. He said it maybe to early to see it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Actually he didn't say maybe--he said it was too soon. And I agree
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would they have done one today then
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really don't know to tell you the truth--was it your GYN or the one that saw you when you were spotting that ordered it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the oncall ob dr for my clinic. My ob dr has been gone for the last week. When he got the results of my hcg level today he demanded i get the u/s today. It cant be bad can it when my hcg level was so much higher than it was before
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I think the other OB was just checking for an ectopic. Listen--I'm not going to go any farther with this because I won't get anywhere with the way you worry. Your HCG is good--even Dr Owen said that--and it's too soon to see a fetal pole and your next ultrasound should show one. Now for now let it go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we talk about other things
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im kinda concerned that im passing stool so many times during the day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How many times and is it watery? How much each time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Literally 5-8 times a day. So far 6 times today. Its not watery its just mushy. Its a moderate amount each time
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nothing really serious about that then. Part of it is from the Crohn's med but that should resolve in time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its too many times. And my epigastric region still hurts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--you be the doctor then. I just told you it's nothing serious and you say it must be. And I still expect you to have some abdominal pain for now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But this much
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But but but--if there wasn't anything to worry about it would be necessary for you to find something to worry about. This is the aftermath of a Crohn's flare up and since it isn't watery and either pus colored or bloody it's just due to an increase in your intestinal transport time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you make a list of questions i should ask my gyn dr tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Is the HCG level where it should be at this time? When do you think was my date of conception? Why was the ultrasound done this early on? Is there any reason to think there's anything wrong with the pregnancy and do you expect to see a fetal pole with the next ultrasound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about my gi dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How long will I have to be on the medication? What can I expect in the next month as far as pain, cramping, and unusual bowel movements? What can I expect as far as the future with this disease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish you were my dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Next best thing I guess given this medium
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can i do for crohns besides meds
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Really nothing besides the proper diet that we've talked about before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just fyi im going to calm down. Im on a forum that a lot of other women had this same issue and 2 weeks later they were fine and wble to see heart beat. Im scared to see my therapist today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You mean tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean wednesdsy. My brain not working
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I think you should tell him that he did absolutely nothing for you last time but scare you, make you worry, and give you unwarranted and unfounded medical advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im worried he will do it again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't let him--walk out the minute he tries
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still 99% certain about it being ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes and so far I've been right. I'm going to have to get off soon so anything else for now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you tired of this baby stuff
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No but you do tend to go on and on about something once we've basically covered it as far as we can at the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do understand that i dont like to be overly worried but i just cant seem to help it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You can't help it for now but hopefully--broken record here--with good therapy you'll get over that. What you can do for now is stop talking about it and stop reading about things like a blighted ovum--you only feed the fires when you do that. Get back to me when you need to but we need to close this page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you threaten to opt out so often
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Only when the conversation is getting nowhere and you won't stop trying to beat a dead horse--have to get your attention somehow. Seriously--I'm off until tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im having a panic attack of a lifetime
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Get back to me on a new page in three hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My regular OB dr said everything looks wonderful. And to keep my appt with the OB NP tomorrow. So i am calmed down now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good--I'm glad. We really need to close this page though
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer this one. http://www.justanswer.com/health/7zi8d-locked-customer-service.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fever of 100.9 and mucousy bloody stool
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's a closed question and I had to be off last night--get back to me in three hours on a new page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive lost 3 pounds. My dr told me to take 1/2 unisom at night