Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I had a baby about 3 1/2 months ago and weighed 198 the day

I had a baby about 3 1/2 months ago and weighed 198 the day I gave birth, a month after I weighed 178 so I started a very strict diet but no excersise and in a month and a half got down to 154 but for the last few weeks I seem to not be loosing anymore weight what can I do? I drink only water and have a calorie intake of about 1300-1500 calories a day. Help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How is your height?

Is it 154 lbs?

Does your baby get breast milk?

How was your weight before pregnancy?

Do you have any other medical problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 154 pounds and this was my weight before the baby but I want to loose more since I am only 5 feet 3 1/2 inches tall no I do not breastfeed or have any medical problems.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information.

Your BMI or body mass index is only a little higher than normal.

You have reduced your weight significantly in last few months.

The calorie intake is also good to maintain the weight.

Now I would advise to have regular exercise.

Regular walking is good exercise to reduce the weight.

You need to go slowly & maintain it.

If you tolerate then you can increase the effort gradually.

Usually it is started with 30 min. a day.

It would help.

No need to reduce weight vigorously in a short period.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience