Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

On Monday I had burned my groin, and area with apple

On Monday I had burned my groin, and penis area with apple cider vinger trying to treat HPV warts. I went to the ER where I was prescribed to use bacetracin and anti bacterial wash. It appears to be scabbing over and some spots are still red. I have a "rug" burn feeling on my left side which I have put extra bacetracin on and wash. Should I go back to the ER or is this part of the healing normal. It's a dull rug burn like pain.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Have you developed blisters on affected area?
Any associated discharge through groin region?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Possibly a 2-3 a dull more like a rug burn feeling. I think it's more scabbing vs blisters but some spots are red...
Dear XXXXX, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

There can be dull pain and redness on affected part, after such burn, and it may last for few days. You need to have some more patience.

As you have already used, topical bacitracin on affected part, so i would not panic, that you would develop any infection.
As such there is no need to rush to ER. It may take further 3-4 days for symptoms to get resolve completely.
You can use Aloe vera on affected part, it is a real home remedy for burns.You can take Motrin for pain.

Scabbing after burn, is normal process of healing, and it indicates that affected part is responding and would get healed by itself.
The important thing is to keep the affected part clean.
You should apply Bacitracin ointment to the affected areas twice a day for 5-7 days.

You can safely wait for next 3-4 days, and most likely you would be free from symptoms.
I wish for your good health.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just wanted to send a couple pictures if that helps in seeing what I am talking about. Im just a concerned person and I thank you for your patience.

Dear XXXXX, Thanks for sharing images.
I can understand your concern and worry for such issue.

Yes, it clearly shows healing phase, this may further take up to
1 week, for symptoms to get resolve completely.
You should continue with bacitracin cream on affected area.
If there was infection, then it would be associated with pus discharge, increasing swelling, increase in redness, and severe pain.

As such, after seeing images, scabbing is clearly visible, which is indicative of healing phase. Keep affected area clean, and you would be free from symptoms in next few days.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you doctor!
Aaron, Most Welcome and Thanks for using justanswer.com
I wish for your good health and Take care.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions