Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Constant lower back and sacrum pain for over a year, causing

Constant lower back and sacrum pain for over a year, causing fasculations in calves the later in thighs, hip pain, now diarreha for the last 12 days. I have hypothyroidism, hiatal hernia, high blood pressure and cholesterol, am 44.
Hi--have you had an MRI of the lower back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not an MRI on anything but head/cervical spine- done by MDA
And did you say you've had a stool culture above?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No sir, I have not had one. Around July I had a change in bladder habits- needing to go more- was put on oxybutynin because I almost has accidents. Also bowels were regular then noticed smaller bowel stools and more inconsistent stool. Kinda loose and sometimes constipated, felt like I would not make it to the bathroom. Now this where today I have gone about 8 times (diarreha)
OK. For now you need the MRI of the lumbar spine, a stool for culture, and a colonoscopy. This could be an infectious colitis and it may even be C diff colitis that can be very serious. I don't think, Michelle, that the leg symptoms and the back pain are related to this. It sounds as though you make have a disk problem and possibly spinal stenosis--narrowing of the canal through which the spinal cord travels--in your lumbar spine. I don't think this is likely a tumor and it wouldn't be related to your benign brain tumor.