Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Please advisse on current medications. Just had prostate biopsy,

Please advisse on current medications. Just had prostate biopsy, thankfully no porblem, but do have bph, so urologist says lets shrink this with finasteride. I already use hytrin 5mg which helps with flow. I take prozac 10mg for anxiety but because of low libido, flattened mood, and weight from prozac wellbutrin 10omg was added. then had to add 5mg ropinrole for rls for restless leg. wellbutrin does help libido, weight is better but more nervous. prozac helps with anxiety. worried about finasteride with libido issue and already take cialis as needed for ed. dont want weight or sex problems or anxiety-gad. please advise. family md did not think finasteride was good idea. not sure.

I understand your worry and unfortunately, Finasteride can cause weight changes,loss of libido,Erectile dysfunction.
So you should discuss it with your Urologist and ask for other treatment options.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

any thoughts on alternatives to the prozac with need to add wellbutrin primarily for anxiety and avoid weight gain (i worked hard to lose 25lbs) and ed.

Prozac can cause weight gain around 10 pounds in about 25% of people who take it.
This occurs with longer term use, usually about 6 months or more.
There are other antidepressants you can take to lessen the chances you will gain weight.
Serzone and Effexor both usually do not cause weight gain.

Some psychiatrists prescribe Effexor and Wellbutrin together for anxiety-depression problems.
And both medications don't cause weight gain.

I suggest you to consult your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.