Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

I am 49 years old and have only been with 3 women in the last

I am 49 years old and have only been with 3 women in the last 27 years. My first wife from 1984 to 1994. Then a one night stand with a friend from work. Still with first wife for another 13 years. Got divorced. Then was with my current wife for the last 4 years. Within the last week my wife has developed Primary Herpes (a really severe case). Now it is not like I have never had oral sex with the other 2 women. Her doctor says she got it from me because I had a fever blister. My question is, how could it have take 27 years for this to finally show up with a partner (when the other 2 did not get Herpes) and result in such a severe case?
Hi
Does your wife have the lesion on her face or on her vagina?
There are 2 types of herpes and they can appear on either area- HSV1 and HSV2
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Vigina. Second worse case her doctor has ever seen. If it doesn't respond to medication her might have to cathaterise her.

Do you have herpes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess technically yes since I have the cold sore, but it is isolated to one spot on my lip and usually only flares up if I am in the sun too much without SPF30 lip balm like HypercinL.

Did she get tested for HSV1 or 2?
Did you get tested for HSV1 or 2?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've never been tested before since I didn't have any symptoms other than the cold sore. I guess I need to now. Wife was tested but the results aren't back yet.

Right
You can give her HSV-1 virus on her genitalia- this can be a very bad infection
But if she is HSV-2 positive and you are not, then you have something to talk about.
But you do need to be tested.

I hope that I provided you with excellent service?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much, I feel much better now. It sounds like HSV1 on the genitals is less likely to reaccure than HSV2.

you are welcome.

Did i provide you with excellent service?