Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

If you start to stare at something like for instance a photo

Customer Question

If you start to stare at something like for instance a photo of someone on the front of a cash register in a store, is it best to just walk away from it rather than keep looking at it for no good reason? Again vision and heart functions are separate in this case? I suffer from OCD and anxiety and just trying to put this issue to rest again.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

I can understand your anxiety for this issue.

As such, staring at some photo, on the front of cash register,would not affect your heart. You can have one look, and walk away.

As such your vision and heart functions differently. No need to get panic, that you would develop heart disease from this act.

You should try to remove such thought from your mind.
As such, you should continue with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, it is a form of psychotherapy that emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel and what we do.

Yoga, Meditation, Deep breathing exercises would be helpful.
No need to get panic, that you would develop heart disease.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. Would I be better off not to keep thinking about how I looked at the photo on the register and tell myself no harm was done by looking at it then walking away without looking back? Is it the anxiety that keeps me thinking about it?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 years ago.
Kevin, I can understand your concern.

Yes, such symptoms are related with anxiety and OCD disorder.
You should not panic and please don't worry, you would not harm yourself anyway, by this act.
Yes, anxiety issue has caused such thoughts.