Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

What about kidney stones made of calcium oxalate does that

What about kidney stones made of calcium oxalate does that have anything to do with me taking calcium?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 months ago.
The doseage I mentioned shouldn't be a problem with causing stones
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay. One more question would osteopenia cause slow back pain? Also I have noticed when I get on my bed my left knee bone always hurts getting on the bed and my left foot bone hurts sometimes is that caused by the osteopenia ? Anyway to get rid of the osteopenia ?
No, neither osteopenia nor osteoporosis cause pain. Exercise, calcium and medications like Fosamax can help reverse osteopenia
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
And the D3? Would osteopenia make my bones hurt or ache?
Yes the vitamin D helps and again, osteopenia doesn't cause bone pain
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could it be causing my lower back pain. I can hardly sleep at night it hurts so bad and its mainly on my left side. I can hardly walk first thing in the morning and then once I get warmed up it subsides. I have gone through 5 or 6 new beds in the last 3 years and they are costly. I get really firm ones but the second it gets just a small dip where I lay my back starts hurting again. I am a back sleeper and I can't sleep any other way I have tried.
Remind me--have you had an MRI of your low back?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have never had an MRI of my back before. I have had of my neck and was told I have arthritis pretty bad in it and my neck pops a lot when I am turning it.
Not even x-rays of your back? Have you talked to your doctor about your back pain?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No X-ray nothing. I haven't talked to this new doctor yet about it I was just trying to get her up to date on the passing out in 2010 and my dizzy issues and menopause issues and such.
Does the back pain ever go down your leg?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not really. I will tell you it hurts so bad that it wakes me up all night long on,y when I try to move does it hurt. I hate to go to bed at night because I know it's going to start hurting and then I hat ego get up in the morning because it hurts so bad.no pain down my legs think goodness. The doctor has e doing physical therapy for my vertigo I wonder if she can have this therapists help me or should I call her this morning and ask for some type of an X-ray?
I'd ask her to get the MRI of your back to look for disk problems and arthritis problems and then to get you into some therapy for your back
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Doctor a couple more items to address here the vain is so bad in my back when I sleep that it goes through to even my front area. Also my left knee hurts as well.on the inner part of the knee.
The radiation around to the front could be from a nerve root pinch in the spine. Is the left knee pain new?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it s. it mainly hurts when I try to climb up on my bed and will hurt until I starting moving around like walking around I am very careful when I first wake up in the morning because I am over weight and between the pain in the left side of the back and now the knee pain which started a few months ago. I was just wondering if an X-ray could show something on both areas or are they affiliated in anyway with one another they are on the same side.
Any swelling of the knee? Is it tender where it hurts?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No swelling doctor. No tenderness it feels almost lime I twisted it wrong. Also if I am sitting on the toilet and open my feet to wide and stand up it will hurt as well.
OK. This wouldn't be related to your back but you need an MRI of the knee to check for bursitis, a torn cartilage, or tendon inflammation. Physical therapy is also very helpful for that
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So if I called her right now would I be out of line to ask for a MRI of both back and knee? Also did u say 600mg of calcium? And if so is there any one certain calcium better the any others ? Should I ask for a MRI of both knees or only the left?
Yes--give her a call. Only for the one knee unless the other one is also bothering you. Calcium carbonate is the best calcium supplement
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
And did u say 600mg a day? Plus my 10,000 IU of vitamin D3?
Yes to both dear--time to close this page with a rating
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Doctor do they do a IVfor these type of MRI'S?
No--these can be without contrast.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you
My pleasure dear--any time
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One more question doctor they are showing calcium carbonate in a powder firm or pill form?
Pill form is best