Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

My dog has a severe uninaryh tract infection. The culture

My dog has a severe uninaryh tract infection. The culture came back as Klebsiella Pneumoniae. She has been on ORBAX Oral Suspenion for two weeks with not much improvement. I have an elderly husband, with health probllems, can this be transmitted to humans.
Hi--very simple answer here--unless your husband came in direct contact with the dog's urine--and not just from a little dripping from the dog's urethra--and actually got it into an open sore or somehow ingested it, there'd be no danger of transmission of the bacteria to him.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does the same hold true for a baby crawling on the floor where the dog has pottied. We just found out about the bacteria, so have not taken precautions until now.

Same for the baby--really nothing to worry about here Mary