Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Hello , i have punched my Girl friend under her right eye ,

Hello , i have punched my Girl friend under her right eye , her eye is swollen and blue in a round , she feels pain in back of the eye and at bone under eye at right side , what should i do to treat her
What is her age?
Is there any redness inside the eye?
When was this incident happened?
Is she taking any medications?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear doctor , it happen more than 48 hours before and she is taking Ibuprofen 400 mg (1+1+1) 8 pills she take yet and icing the effected area with ice cube (it reduce swollen but not much ) age is 28 and inside eye on white area there is red spots 1 or two but vision is fine ...
Regards

From what you describe there is hematoma formation.(Periorbital hematoma)

Unless there is actual trauma to the eye itself,extensive medical attention is generally not needed.

Applying an ice pack will keep down swelling.So continue icing the area.

Continue with Ibuprofen 400 mg TDS.

Also the red spot you describe may be slight sub conjunctival hemorrhage and may not require treatment.

The warning signs which suggest a more extensive medical treatment include

Double vision

Loss of vision

Inability to move eye.

Ear,nose,throat bleed.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear doctor , thanks for your kind reply .. In how much time swelling will be completely down ? and how many days black eye will be ok ? and for how many days she should apply ice ... ? Also how many days she should take Ibuprofen ?
P.s pain in cheek bone is not alarming ? She also have pain in backside of eye lid
Regards

Swelling will be down in 7days.Hematoma takes at least 28days to completely heal.

She should apply ice for 2-3 days from now.

Painkiller can be taken for atleast a week especially if pain don't subside.

If possible a precautionary X-Ray of Skull for orbits and PNS water's view can be done to rule out any underlying bony injury.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Sir , what are symptoms of face bone fracture ?

Severe pain

Soft tissue swelling

Eyeball may gradually sink backwards

Cheek bone fracture may cause face look lopsided.(Unbalanced)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear doctor its almost now more than 72 hours she feeling pain on face bone and back side of eye , in how much time pain will be okay ?
In my opinion you should proceed for X-Ray of Skull for orbits and PNS water's view can be done to rule out any underlying bony injury