Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I have been having issues with vaginal itching every month...usually

I have been having issues with vaginal itching every month...usually around ovulation time. I do not experience any discharge with the itching, but it lasts for about a week an a half and really flares up when I'm trying to urinate. What the heck is going on??
Sorry for late reply.
Are your periods regular?
Duration of symptoms?
History of unprotected sex?
Any other medical illness?
Are you taking any other medicines?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My periods were regular up until a couple of months ago, when I spotted on July 18th (I was scheduled to start around July 23rd) for a day and then stopped. I didn't get my period again until August 15th, and it was like a regular menstruation cycle.

The itching usually lasts for 1-2 weeks, I feel like I have to shower twice a day to keep the itching to a minimum, and I use a feminine soap that doesn't seem to irritate me.

I am married and have unprotected sex with my husband, I am certain that he is monogamous as well as I am.

Besides asthma and eczema on the back of my hands, I do not have any other medical conditions that I am aware of.

I was taking Wellbutrin from January to July/early August. The itching has been happening for about three months now, always around ovulation and/or PMS time.

From what you describe bacterial vaginosis should be ruled out.
Bacterial vaginosis is a type of vaginal inflammation that results from the overgrowth of one of several types of bacteria normally present in the vagina, upsetting the natural balance of vaginal bacteria.

Itching can be a classical sign of BV.
It is not a STD and can occur in monogamous persons.

Your doctor may want to take a HVS(High vaginal swab) sample for microscopic examination and culture examination.
Medications like metronidazole or Tinidazole are usually prescribed in such cases.

I hope this helps