Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

my son had a fall2weeks ago. has been taking salonpas to his

my son had a fall2weeks ago. has been taking salonpas to his lower back doubling up on them. his feet toes ankles lrgs knees are so sowleen like elephant feet now his feet are bright red help

Hello and thank you for the question Carol.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

This can be due to a serious complication called DVT (clot in the veins of legs) which can develop after injury; especially if someone remains bed bound for most of the time.

Another possibility is of cellulitis (infection of skin and deep tissues).

You should take him to ER for urgent clinical examination by a doctor, discussing the possibilities i have mentioned to get further management plan chalked out.

He may need doppler studies of the legs to rule out the leg clot, and if found to be present, will need blood thinners to treat this.

For cellulitis; a round of oral antibiotics will be required.

Goodluck.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Hello Carol.
I hope you are fine.
Is there anything else i can help you with?
I will be glad to assist.