Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I am a very healthy lady of 61 years. $ years back I stopped

I am a very healthy lady of 61 years. $ years back I stopped my HRT which I was on for 3 years. I have been tested and have Psoratic Arthritis. I was on Methatrexate but I was not happy with an enlarged liver so I went off the Metharexate . My GP is insisting that I should be back on HRT otherwise in a few years I will be a cripple. I do have sore knees and battle with being as flexible as I was........ I do admit to feeling as if I have inflamation in my muscles ....but HRT ?
Hi--I don't understand why your GP is asking you to go back on HRT--do you have osteoporosis?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I do not but I have been treated for Psoratic/Rheumatoid

Yes but why exactly does your doctor want you to go back on the HRT?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She says that if I don't take the hormone I will be a men doctors do not understand woman and the HRT will stop the progression of my arthritis. I do not have any menopausal problems and I still have my uterus.

OK--there are no scientific studies that show that HRT is very effective for psoriatic arthritis. In your case, I'd suggest an immune modulator like Humira instead if the arthritis is progressing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I rate this service, would you be able to inform me if this Humira is available in South Africa under this name ?

Yes it is under that brand name. You may need to see a rheumatologist though, Judy, to get it prescribed for you