Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

What does it mean when ur ekg changes? She said something that

What does it mean when ur ekg changes? She said something that used to go up went down
Hi--why was the EKG done and if you don't have any more information what did your doctor say about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was done at a check up with my cardiologist. they did it three times to make surevit wasnt a faulty lead. she is sending me for a nuclear stress test anf ultrasound. it was the lead above my left breast. she said all of mt ekgs have been consistant until this change

OK but did he tell you why he thought you needed the stress test? Why are you seeing a cardiologist in the first place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i take a calcium channel blocker for what i call bass drums in my chest

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if u dont know.thats ok

No, I can answer but did the cardiologist tell you that he was worried about blockage in your coronary arteries?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no nothing

OK--you probably had either a T wave shift or perhaps what's called an ST depression. These indicate cardiac ischemia--some blockage of the coronary arteries--and he's sending you for the stress test to check that out. Depending on the results of the stress test he may decide you need cardiac catheterization to check for blockage