Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I was diagnosed with HPV warts a few weeks ago. The

I was diagnosed with HPV genital warts a few weeks ago. The dermatologist wasn't available until march. I did something stupid by looking on the net and trying apple cider vinegar. It worked fine for a few nights but last night I applied it and it burned horribly. I removed it almost immediately and upon looking down I saw a deep dark red burn! I washed immediately and put vitamin e and ice and antibiotic treatment. I tried to attach an image but I can't. I don't have insurance so what should I used or will this heal? If I have to go to an ER I will but looking to find out. The ACV said 5% acid. Please help.
Hi--just to be clear here you used just pure apple cider vinegar and nothing else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A little tea tree oil mixed in but it turned all red with a few white spots that "fizz" with hydrogen peroxide.
OK--first off, no more peroxide. Believe it or not, that just makes matters worse. No major problem here. You basically have a first degree burn and what you need to do now is use either calendula cream or aloe vera emollient and lightly wrap the area with a gauze pad taped together in a wrap. You can take ibuprofen for the pain. This should heal in a few days with no problem but you must have developed an allergy to the vinegar so don't use that again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you doctor. I was worried about infection. The don't use anymore goes without saying!
No problem with infection Aaron. My pleasure to help but please remember to rate my service to you